Associate Director opportunity - a rewarding step offering fantastic career progression for an ambitious Associate or existing Associate Director or Director.
This role can be offered on a full-time or part-time basis.
About the company
This is an exciting time to join this multidisciplinary engineering design consultancy, covering both public and private sectors.
If you are looking to make an impact and be able to make a difference in your next role, then this opportunity may be for you.
Role & Responsibilities
This is a fantastic opportunity, not only to lead a growing team, but also to drive the structures department forward - taking on the responsibility for ongoing projects and securing new business.
The focus of the team is the design of foundations and super-structures in reinforced concrete, steel and timber, including calculations, construction detail drawings and reports. The team also supports other disciplines to deliver a wide variety of projects across the UK.
The existing scope of work is varied, so past exposure to a variety of different building sectors is important. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Residential (including housing developments)
- BEng/MSc (or equivalent) Civil/Structural Engineering
- CEng status with IStructE or ICE
- Min 10 years' experience
- Experience of being able to attract new business/winning work
- Proficient in the use of structural design software such as Tekla/Tedds
- Experience of managing/growing a design team
- Ability to train and mentor more junior members of the team
- Experience of whole project process from fee proposals and concept design to project completion
- Strong technical ability with in-depth experience of designing in all main materials
- Client facing
- Passion for business development
- Excellent commercial awareness and business acumen
In addition to salary, other benefits include generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme, private medical insurance, flexible working with office/home working and part-time hours available if desired.
For a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please contact Claire on 02393 876 031.