Project Engineer (Structural)
£50,000 - £55,000
We are working with a large property consultant who are seeking a Project Engineer to join their Project and Building Consultancy team in Oxford. The role will predominantly comprise building and civil design as well as project management, contract administration, site supervision and drawing checking.
They are well known for their specialist expertise in designing civil works for electricity distribution infrastructure (a work flow set to expand for the next decade or more with renewables, data centres and electrification of heating and vehicles). Our client are flood defence design experts, focussed on large private clients in the utilities, nuclear, manufacturing, industrial, commercial and distribution sectors.
- Design Structural and Civil project elements
- Oversee the design and production of civil and structural drawings
- Liaison with external structural engineers and other sub-consultants
- Determine project specifications by client requirements, and performance standards; complete technical studies
- Identify technical solutions and undertake feasibility studies to identify optimum designs
- Represent the project and building consultancy department internally and to clients
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of drawing production
- Ensure engineering specifications and procedures are used and followed
- Liaise with surveyors to forecast workload and resources required
- Participate in client design meetings where required
- Be responsible for and take accurate site measurements from inception through to construction to ensure accuracy of information produced
- Ensure all work undertaken is produced accurately to standards
This is an exciting and rare opportunity for a Chartered Structural Engineer to help grow and expand the team, and to assist their current graduate engineer with Chartership. If this sounds like the role for you, then please submit your CV to Jamie Creed for review.