We are working with an award winning multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Central London with an interesting and varying project workload, which focuses mainly on commercial, retail, education, health and residential.
Their busy and growing team have an exciting opening for a Civil Engineer with at least 3 years' experience of working on infrastructure projects. The successful engineer will become an integral member of their skilled infrastyructure team and help with their expanding workload on a full-time permanent basis.
- Working under the supervision of the Principal Engineer in the production of schematic/concept designs and detailed design calculations within defined project timescales,
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs,
- Undertaking drainage and SuDS designs using MicroDrainage or Causeway Flow,
- Directing technicians in the roduction of AutoCAD drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue,
- Liaising with other disciplines within the company (i.e. structures and geo-environmental) to ensure design is fully co-ordinated,
- Developing relationships with clients and other professionals with the aim of identifying and securing new project opportunities and helping to expand the discipline,
- Production of flood risk assessments and drainage strategy reports for planning.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- A minimum of years' post graduate experience,
- Must be IT literate and technically competent, with experience of civil design software packages such as 3DCivils, TUFLOW and Microdrainage,
- Must be able to produce reports and technical notes professionally and to a high standard of English,
- A good understanding of the planning process including agreeing planning conditions and discharging them,
- An interest and knowledge in Civil 3D software is desirable.
- Knowledge of flood risk assessments and drainage strategies for planning,
- Knowledge of Road Construction Consent submissions, with knowledge of Section 56 submissions.
- Good understanding of industry standards, practices, regulations and health & safety
This is a great opportunity for a motivated Civil Engineer, who is passionate about design, to gain exposure to a range of fantastic projects and offers a clear career path with a competitive salary & benefits package.
To apply, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.