We are looking for a keen learner with a curiosity about why and how to work differently.
Who We Are:
CH Simple Design was launched with a vision of promoting innovative structural engineering solutions that are simple and efficient. With a high emphasis on communications, project delivery is built on a solid foundation of excellent technical knowledge and quality control.
The founder of the company, Christina, is a dedicated and focused structural engineer with near 20 years of structural design experience using reinforced concrete, steel, masonry, and timber. She has significant experience providing creative structural solutions to deliver architectural aspirations. She is passionate about architecture, art, sustainable design and promoting women in engineering.
What We're Offering:
We believe in a culture of care, from our team's physical and mental health to the extended community of stakeholders in the project. We want to create a work environment that is supportive, positive and caring, so you will love what you do and making an impact on the world.
We are a young, dynamic company that is looking to expand. You will be working alongside the company director with mentorship to support you to grow. You will be London based. We take our staffs welfare seriously and happy to find flexible working conditions that work with both parties.
This job is for you if:
- You have an undergraduate degree in structural engineering and recognised by the IStructE
- Wanting to be part of the company culture in ethical and sustainability
- You are happy to be held accountable
- Active problem solver
- Happy to take on challenges or trying new things
- Wanting to make a difference through what we do
What you'll get:
You will have the company founder be the mentor supporting you to the next level. There will be great and a good variety of opportunities to support your career path as the company is looking to expand.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
We are looking for a structural design engineer with a curiosity in why and how to work differently. They will be accountable for the tasks given, such as the technical design on structural elements and overall stability under supervision.
- Calculations for load takedown, stability and elements sizes
- Calculation package for the local authority approval
- Site visits
- Drawings production and checking with the CAD technicians
- Timesheet recording
- Email correspondences with the clients and design teams
- Structural sketches for the preliminary design
The engineer will be reporting to the company director directly.
Honesty, independent thinking and active problem solver
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Customer feedback
- Delivered within the agreed timeframe
- Be accountable for tasks given
- Active problem solver
- Attend 60hrs CPD events yearly
Monday to Thursday, from 9 AM to 5:30 PM with a one-hour lunch break. We are happy to discuss the flexible working arrangement such as percentage of time of working from home.