Position: Associate Structural Engineer
Location: Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join our Structures team based in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham. We have a diverse range of work including commercial, residential, specialist care projects and master planning exercises and we aim to bring value to all of our projects though clear analysis and well executed design. We approach every project with the same ambition that results in work that is appropriate, sustainable, contextual and contemporary.
We are seeking an experienced Engineer to join us at Associate level who will take a lead role in the development and delivery of our structural design capability. You will have a hands-on approach to provide the technical lead on structural engineering work across a variety of sectors and collaborating closely with other disciplines to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets statutory requirements and client objectives. You will engage with clients to manage all deliverables to ensure commercial and technical project success and client satisfaction as well as being involved in promoting our services and developing business to our new and existing clients.
You will also oversee the production of structural analysis and design work using a range of software packages including Revit, CADS suite, Tekla Tedds and AutoCAD, and ensuring that quality and consistency of technical output is maintained at a high standard. You will be working closely with a fantastic team of engineers and will have the opportunity to mentor and develop our existing structures team within our Birmingham office.
We seek an experienced candidate that can deliver a high-quality service and proven ability in aspects of structural engineering with a strong professional and business acumen.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Hold a relevant degree qualification in Civil or Structural engineering and Chartered Membership of IStructE or ICE.
- To be able to demonstrate a proven track record in structural building engineering design, and varied experience in all the common forms of construction and building types including experience in the use of Eurocodes and UK Building Regulations.
- Experience delivering technically and commercially sound solutions in a variety of sectors including residential, commercial, retail, urban regeneration, retirement and care homes, education and healthcare.
- Consultancy background working with a variety of national and regional house builders and developers.
- Strong design, project and team-running skills gained in UK consultancy.
- The ability to oversee projects from conceptual planning and design through to construction delivery.
- Experience of being able to attract new business.
- A commercially aware, solutions driven approach.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong presentation skills are also required.
Pegasus Group is an equal opportunities employer, and we are committed to ensuring fairness and equality for all. We offer an excellent remuneration package dependent upon experience and potential as well as a flexible and supportive working environment designed to help you to reach your full potential and ensure a work life balance.
This is an exciting opportunity to share our journey and help us to achieve our ambitions to deliver an exceptional service that creates sustainable and successful development for our client base. If you are looking for a new role that can offer opportunities for career development and progression, as well as being engaged in a wide client and project base offering a varied experience, we would love to hear from you.
About Pegasus Group
Since 2003, Pegasus Group has grown to be a leading development consultancy in the UK.
Our services span the entire project process from planning through to design and delivery, ensuring we achieve optimal results. We have a large, skilled and experienced workforce operating from offices throughout the UK and Ireland. Our approach combines local and national knowledge of the property and development industry providing our clients with an unrivalled understanding of what is required to make their schemes successful.
Our integrated teams combine knowledge and expertise from a wide variety of sectors. We have worked on some of the UK’s highest profile projects, developing excellent relationships with our clients and winning awards in the process.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your most up to date CV and cover letter outlining your experience and current package (if applicable) to email@example.com