A Multi-disciplinary design consultancy is recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer (Highways) to join their team in their London office.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
* Working under the supervision of a Senior/Principal Engineer
* Development of all stages of highway designs (adoptable or non-adoptable) and
design calculations within defined project timescales and in accordance with relevant
technical standards and project requirements.
* Production of section 38/278 packages and applications.
* Production of engineering models, drawings and details using AutoCAD and Civil 3D
* Directing technicians in the production of AutoCAD and Civil 3D drawing information
* Quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue.
* Liaising with Infrastructure and wider team to ensure Curtins design is fully coordinated.
* Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
You are also likely to be performing similar duties on smaller projects while working independently.
Other general roles and responsibilities include:
* Responsible for the analysis and design of highways and drainage, progressing to
* Ability to produce models and drawings using Civil 3D and AutoCad software. XPS
Site 3D knowledge a plus.
* Visiting sites and attending site meetings
* Involvement in internal project design meetings.
* Attend external design meetings with clients and other design team members.
* Prepare correspondence and reports
* Ensure all project files are up to date and comply with the QMS system
* Compliance with CDM Designer's duties
Qualifications and experience:
* Meng/MSc in Civil Engineering or similar degree (ideally 2:1 or above)
* Graduate member of the ICE/CIHT and a desire to work towards chartership status.
* Must be IT literate with excellent knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil3D and software.
* Must be technically competent.
* Knowledge of DMRB, MCHW, MfS, TSM, LA guides, etc and their applications
* Vehicle tracking analysis
* Level design and earthworks analysis would be a plus
* Traffic Management plans (including temporary stage) would be a plus
* Below ground drainage experience or interest to pursue drainage designs would be a
* 25 days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays and "Birthday" holiday
* Holiday purchase scheme
* Company Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Salary sacrifice options
* Free use of company holiday lodges.
Flexible working/working from home arrnagaments also available!
If interested, please apply with your CV!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.