We are working with a multi-disciplinary engineering practice who offer services to a wide variety of clients across the UK. Due to their continued success they are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join the rail team in their Manchester office on a full time permanent basis.
The successful Senior Civil Engineer will provide technical support for the successful delivery of a range of rail projects.
- Preparation of technical outputs to the highest standards in accordance with the company quality management system.
- Resolving technical civil engineering issues,
- Assist in developing the production of drawings, reports and specifications,
- Scope and supervise surveys,
- Opportunity to work under mentorship to develop and undertake CRE responsibilities on Rail projects,
- Becoming familiar and compliant with relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations,
- Undertaking the necessary design (calculations, design, risk assessments, etc.) supported by other team members including technicians,
- Management and ownership of project tasks.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- A Chartered or near Chartered Engineer,
- A minimum of 5 years' experience of working in the rail sector,
- Experience of working in the UK rail industry with good working knowledge of Network Rail, Grip process / standards and approval processes,
- Ability to manage project teams & project &/or project tasks,
- Experience in delivering and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects from initial studies through to detailed design,
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
The successful Senior Civil Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & excellent benefits package along with exposure to a range of exciting projects.