Our client is an award winning Civil and Structural Engineering design practice and they currently have an opening in their Central London office for an experienced Project Structural Engineer with a real interest in historic buildings within the UK.
Their portfolio incudes a wide variety of historic building conservation projects and the ideal candidate will therefore have a strong theoretical and practical background in all structural materials on a variety of existing and new build projects in the heritage sector including refurbishment, conservation and adaptive re-use.
- Fee proposal compilation,
- Carry out site inspections,
- Structural appraisals and analysis,
- Report writing,
- Design of structural repairs, alterations and additions,
- Attend site, client and design meetings with a limited degree of supervision.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- 2-4 years' post-graduate experience within the UK,
- Working towards chartership (iStructE or ICE) or planning to,
- Proven UK experience of historic buildings,
- Aspiration to become CARE accredited advantageous but not essential.
The successful Structural Project Engineer will be well supported by senior engineers but is required to have a dynamic approach with the ability to design and manage their own projects independently.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary & excellent benefits package along with exposure to a range of exciting projects.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham who will contact suitable candidates with more details.