Highways Design Engineer
Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise. They are currently working have an opening for a Highways Design Engineer to join the them on a full-time permanent basis.
You will join a team who work on major prestigious highways projects and this opportunity will therefore enable you to advance your career whilst achieving personal growth and development.
This will initially be on a working from home basis but will eventually move to flexible working with between 1-3 days in the office with the remainder from home.
- Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site,
- To meet the requirements of programmes of work, to meet clients' needs and to respond to targets set by others,
- To assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- Experience in highway design engineering including geometric design of roads, roundabouts & junctions to DMRB and SHW,
- Experience and proficiency with Civils 3D is essential for this role,
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures,
- Experience of earthworks cut/fill,
- Experience of drainage design, SuDs and utilities diversions,
- A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
If you aspire to join a large international consultancy working on complex & iconic projects across various sectors then this could be the role for you
To apply for this Highways Design Engineer vacancy, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.
Apply for Highways Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly