Traffic and Transportation Engineer
Our client, one of the UK's leading private Engineering Consultancies have a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Traffic & Transportation Engineer to join their busy Traffic & Transportation team in Ipswich and work on a range of public and private clients.
The ideal candidate will have between 2 - 5 years relevant post graduate transportation experience and tasks will include producing transport planning and engineering related reports, technical notes and drawings, and undertaking traffic analysis of junctions. As you progress you can expect to be active on a number of projects and to work with a number of clients at any given time.
You will work within a small and enthusiastic team and will receive guidance from an experienced engineer.
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and Statements, Travel Plans and Technical Notes, under the guidance of senior staff,
- Preparation of drawings using AutoCAD software,
- Preparation of diagrams and figures for insertion into reports using Microsoft programs,
- Preparing briefs for and overseeing the work of specialist traffic survey sub-consultants,
- Undertaking occasional traffic and parking surveys,
- Attending site visits and meetings alongside senior staff,
- Using Junctions 9 and LinSig software to assess traffic flow at junctions. Guidance and training will be provided.
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning or other relevant subject,
- A Masters degree in Transport Planning would be an advantage,
- Experience of preparing Transport Assessments, Statements and Travel Plans would be an advantage,
- A numerate individual with high levels of communication and presentation skills,
- Good report writing skills in English,
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and Publisher,
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD,
- Experience using TRICS, Junctions 9 and LinSig software would be an advantage,
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure,
- A driving licence.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
If this exciting new role is of interest to you please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham