Our client, an established multidisciplinary consultancy, is looking for a Civil Engineer to join them in their Hemel Hempstead office on a full-time permanent basis due to an increase in workload.
Initially you will be required to work from home with interviews conducted by Microsoft Teams however, once employees return to their offices you will be able to join the team there.
- Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and complete detailed design while learning from experienced engineers and technicians,
- Design of roads, junctions, drainage, retaining walls and earthworks,
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments and design of sustainable drainage solutions,
- Production of Infrastructure Strategy reports for new developments,
- Production of Transport Statements for new developments,
- Design for new development and remedial/improvement schemes for existing roads,
- Design of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services,
- Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- A minimum of 3 years' post-qualification experience of residential development and infrastructure design,
- Highways and drainage designs to achieve technical agreements such as S38, S278, S104 and Building Control approval,
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions,
- Ability to deal with clients with minimal supervision,
- Ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone,
- Ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports,
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team,
- Good commercial awareness.
Our client is offering the successful Civil Engineer a competitive salary & benefits package along with plenty of opportunity to challenge yourself and build on your existing skillset within an experienced & highly skilled team of professionals. This firm boasts an excellent staff retention rate, and you will be working within a friendly & supportive working environment where you will be a valued member of the team.
They will commit to helping you achieve Chartered status through external courses & in-house programmes, along with helping financially with professional membership fees.
If this Civil Engineer vacancy is of interest to you and you'd like to hear more details, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.