Senior Civils Technician
5 days left
- Full Time
We are working with one of our key clients to find them a Senior Civils Technician to join the infrastructure team in their Central London office on a full-time permanent basis. This role offers the opportunity to join an award-winning practice who benefit from a network on national offices and whose projects are varied, to include residential, educational and commercial for both public and private sector clients.
If you have previous experience in a Civils Technician role then our client would like to hear from you. Their ideal candidate will be involved in working on schemes from concept to completion, including at detailed design and construction phase. You will understand the importance of providing cost effective drawings in accordance with the brief provided, whilst adhering to time frames and financial constraints.
Responsibilities of the Civil Technician:
- Undertaking design and detailing of engineering schemes with a Civils bias, feasibility studies, inspections, surveys and reports,
- Assisting Job Directors/ Technical Directors/Engineers in managing projects from inception to completion,
- Acting as Job Manager with projects from inception to completion as required,
- Obtaining third party approvals, liaison with Clients, other professionals and the public,
- Training and mentoring employees with less experience, skills or qualifications,
- Inspecting site works and undertaking contract administrative duties,
- Complying with Health and Safety and CDM Regulations and assisting in the development of a Health and Safety culture in the Company.
Requirements of the Civil Technician:
- Foundation degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent,
- Experience of designing and detailing infrastructure schemes,
- Knowledge of Codes of Practice and Design Standards,
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation relating to civil engineering,
- Experience in the use of various software, including AutoCAD, MicroDrainage, PDS and Civils 3D (further training provided as necessary),
- Good numerical and communication skills, both written and verbal.
The successful Civils Technician will be given a competitive salary along with a supportive working environment where you will be a valued member of the team. You will be given plenty of opportunity to challenge yourself and build on your existing skillset within an experienced & highly skilled team of professionals.
If you would like to know more about this Civil Technician vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.
Apply for Senior Civils Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly