Senior Engineer / Innovation Engineer R&D
SENIOR ENGINEER R&D
Innovation Engineer – R&D Team
Based from Dartford head office, with remote working capability and occasional visits to our offsite manufacturing facility at Centre of Excellence for Modern Construction, Nottinghamshire, or our construction projects across the UK.
Our Research & Development team contain a rich and diverse group of individuals, dedicated to driving innovation and challenging the status quo. Our portfolio of projects spans multiple sectors and cover a broad range of engineering disciplines. Our goal is to build a team that will commercialise and deliver these projects successfully and drive a positive change in our industry.
The R&D team supports the global Laing O'Rourke business through improving our ability to win work, improving delivery certainty and productivity, and advancing our reputation as leader for innovation and engineering excellence.
What do we look for?
- Critical, strategic minded thinkers with excellent communication skills and eagerness to learn.
- Technical expertise to support the detailed development and optimisation, testing/prototyping, technical excellence, assurance and performance of pilot deployment of Laing O'Rourke's next generation products, from pre-project, early engagement and work winning, through to manufacturing and successful delivery.
- Ability to focus on the very fine details, not just the conceptual big picture aspects, designing and undertaking engineering analysis from ‘first-principles' through to the development of detailed product solutions.
- Experience of broad engineering concepts and practical experience of delivering products in a live construction environment.
- Ability to audit, maintain and report from evidence based data.
- First degree in an engineering discipline, or related degree, plus demonstrable experience in design and practical site environment, or within a manufacturing / DfMA environment.
- Appropriate Chartership, or working towards, with extensive practical experience.
Why Laing O'Rourke?
Because of our passion for innovation, we strive to develop, retain and encourage hardworking people. At Laing O'Rourke, everything we do is underpinned by our dedication to be a great place to work. We know our people are our greatest asset and believe excellence is possible with a forward-thinking and diverse team.
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
For further details of our Offsite Journey watch here: https://youtu.be/EhcpD13hbuo
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email email@example.com