SENIOR ENGINEER - STRUCTURES R&D
SENIOR ENGINEER - STRUCTURES R&D
Senior Structural Engineer – R&D Team
Based from Dartford Design Centre, with remote working capability and occasional visits to our offsite manufacturing facility at our Centre of Excellence for Modern Construction, Nottinghamshire
Our Design Centres offer great opportunities and we are seeking people with ideas, ambition and expertise from all backgrounds that have experience in Structural Design, Structural/RC Detailing, Precast Concrete and Digital Engineering. Our ethos is to build a team that will deliver these projects, challenge the way we go to work, advance on the net zero carbon agenda and change our industry for the better.
We are continuing with our research and development activities in decarbonisation and net zero carbon buildings and infrastructure and we are seeking passionate individuals, from both academia and industry backgrounds.
The R&D team supports the global Laing O'Rourke business through improving our ability to win work, improving delivery certainty and productivity, and advancing our reputation as leader for innovation and engineering excellence.
What do we look for?
- Technical expertise to support the detailed development and optimisation, testing/prototyping, technical excellence, assurance and performance of pilot deployment of Laing O'Rourke's next generation product based structural solutions projects, from pre-project, early engagement and work winning, through to manufacturing and delivery.
- Ability to focus on the very fine details, not just the conceptual big picture aspects, designing and undertaking engineering analysis from ‘first-principles' through to the development of detailed software analysis, understanding the appropriate application of 1D, FEA, and Non-Linear approaches.
- Experience of structural engineering analysis/design software: preferably one or more of SCIA Engineer / Strand / ETABS / OASYS GSA.
- First degree in Structural Engineering, or related degree, plus demonstrable experience in structural design and practical site environment, or design department of a manufacturing / DfMA environment.
- ICE/IStructE Chartership, or working towards, with extensive design experience, or a post-graduate doctorial structural engineering qualification.
Why Laing O'Rourke?
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
For further details of our Offsite Journey watch here: https://youtu.be/EhcpD13hbuo
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email email@example.com