Digital Reinforcement Engineer / Structural CAD Technician / RC Detailer
DIGITAL REINFORCEMENT ENGINEER
Reinforcement Engineer (Precast)
Explore Manufacturing, Centre of Excellence for Modern Construction, Steetley, Nottinghamshire
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
Our manufacturing and modular solutions are transforming traditional construction methodologies into a modern process of component-based assembly, providing product sets including precast concrete building components, and modular bridges for the major highways and rail projects.
This is the most automated concrete products facility in Europe making our construction process faster safer and more efficient, improving quality and reducing waste, and contributing to a sustainable manufacturing-led future for construction.
Take a look inside our facility: https://youtu.be/CvBUAL8uRDI
- Providing design compliant efficient detailing to relevant Standards and Code of Practices.
- Liaising with Site Teams to deliver RC detailing information that exceeds current practice in quality, accuracy and surety of design.
- Developing digital reinforcement standards; to include standard rebar configurations, initial software configuration, software customization, and processes for automated financial modelling of technical design.
- Producing and developing reinforcement detailing information based upon a 3D ‘Digital Construction' detailing system – drawings, schedules, models, erection sequencing, measurement information.
- Liaison with site practice and workflow, data management ICT work-streams.
- At least 2 years Reinforcement detailing experience
- HNC Civil/Structural Engineering Qualified
- Ability to support development and delivery of best practice and, where required delivery of models from 2D information
- Consulting Engineer experience – 2 years
- 3D modelling/design software/BIM/Digital Engineering/Virtual Construction experience
- Experience of using Tekla – highly beneficial
Why Laing O'Rourke?
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
For further details of our Offsite Journey watch here: https://youtu.be/EhcpD13hbuo
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email email@example.com