Senior Engineer - Construction / Structural Design
SENIOR TEMPORARY WORKS ENGINEER
Senior Engineer - Construction & Structural Design
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our specialist construction engineering design team. As a Senior Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects such as Thames Tideway, Everton Stadium, East West Rail, Whiteleys and Beckton water treatment to name a few.
You will work in dynamic collaboration with Project site teams to develop engineered schemes and sequences that enable the permanent works to be safely constructed whilst developing innovative ideas that could accelerate the works.
The Senior Engineer will have a strong technical background and experience in designing structural and temporary works schemes. Fluency at designing with all mainstream structural materials (i.e. steelwork, reinforced concrete, timber, etc.) using Eurocodes is expected. Geotechnical design capability is beneficial. Familiarity with a range of proprietary falsework, formwork and shoring equipment is also an essential requirement of the role.
About the Role
- The Senior Engineer will provide safe, practical and economic designs in accordance with project procedures, the British and European Standards and UK construction Health and safety legislation
- Prepare conceptual and detailed designs for a diverse range of permanent and temporary works schemes including detailed calculations, design risk assessments and sketches / drawings / models as appropriate
- Provide buildability, construction methodology and value engineering advice for live projects and tenders
- Work on a range of structural engineering design and verifications for concrete, steel, timber and masonry structures
- Work on a range of temporary works designs, which could include: formwork, falsework, access, reinforcement stability, structures for heavy lifting, groundworks, etc.
- Work with the specialist CAD team
- Work with construction teams to understand the practicalities of the erection, use and dismantle of temporary works
- Coordinate design work with a wide range of suppliers and designers
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Chartered Engineer Status or working towards (CEng, MICE, IStructE)
- Desired education BEng / MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Hands on experience with European and British Design Standards including BS 5975
- Strong technical background with ability to analyse problems and rapidly deliver solutions through rigorous verifications that confirm the design
- Experience in structural design using all mainstream materials (steelwork, concrete, timber etc.) using Eurocodes
- Experience in the design of formwork, falsework, scaffolding and access structures
- Experience in a range of proprietary temporary works equipment including shoring
- Geotechnical design capability is beneficial
- Literacy in Microsoft office software
- Excellent communications skills
- Detailed knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
Apply now or check out more about us at http://www.laingorourke.com/responsibility. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Laing O'Rourke does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Laing O'Rourke is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.