Our client, a dynamic, award winning practice is continuing to expand their London office and to assist with this they are seeking a skilled civil engineer who has a strong engineering background. Civil engineers who have some structural engineering experience will have an advantage, and BIM modelling experience would be an advantage.
As a Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and modelling civil systems by working collaboratively with the many other disciplines and you will be expected to be able to successfully manage and produce designs independently for simple projects, and under supervision for complex projects.
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent,
- At least 3 years' relevant experience,
- Good technical understanding of developing solutions for civil engineering problems including drainage, utilities, pavements, roads, earthworks and flood risk,
- Proficiency in (and enthusiasm for) design and modelling software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and hydraulic modelling software such as MicroDrainage,
- Experience with approval processes including S104 sewer adoption and S278 works in the public highway,
- Knowledge of BIM and Revit is beneficial but not necessary. A willingness to learn is essential,
- Good knowledge of UK design codes and standards including Eurocodes, British Standards and Building Regulations,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
Initially you will be required to work from home with interviews conducted by Microsoft teams however, once employees return to their offices in London you will be able to join the team there.
This role offers excellent career opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic engineer looking for a good long, term role. For further information please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.
Apply for Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly