Role: Technical Support Consultant
Location: Leeds, UK.
Technical Support Consultant The structures division at Trimble Solutions Corporation provides the construction industry with Tekla Building Information Modelling (BIM) and structural design and analysis software solutions that are at the core of the construction workflow.
The solutions allow customers to achieve a greater competitive edge through improved collaboration, efficiency, and accuracy. Tekla tools are used for realizing projects around the world from housing and bridges to factories and skyscrapers.
We are looking for a Technical Support Consultant, emphasis on the Technical, to join our Services team in Leeds. This is not a call center, this is a team of people working together to help customers get the best out of Trimble’s Tekla Structural Designer and TEDDS software. Our customers use our software to design everything from factory buildings to iconic structures all across the UK. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and become one of our experts.
Trimble employees represent diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product, and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. If you are a civil, structural, or construction engineer and want to take a new direction in your career, you might be the person we are looking for.
Your main tasks will include:
- Delivering high-level technical support to the users of our structural analysis and design software. Speaking to customers on the phone, by email, or answering questions on our forums
- Creating, updating, and delivering training courses either in our Leeds based training centre or at sites around the UK/Ireland.
- Building our knowledge base by writing technical support content to the Tekla User Assistance site
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent, from an accredited University.
- Have structural engineering design experience using design software.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to produce clear and structured texts
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Utilise excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Are patient and organized with the ability to multi-task.
We also appreciate:
- General understanding of software development processes
- Passion for customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Professional experience of using Tekla Structural Designer and Tekla TEDDS
** This is not an IT support role: knowledge of civil/structural engineering is essential.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
#tekla #structural engineering #trimble