Residential Structural Engineer
Formio / Structio is an architectural studio looking for an in-house structural engineer to support our projects from concept to completion.
Candidates will need to be a Graduate member of IStructE and/or ICE, be educated to MEng/MSc-level in Structural or Civil Engineering, and must have gained good design skills in a UK consultancy. They should be capable of working independently and have experience working on domestic residential projects in the UK.
The types of projects we work on are:
- House extensions
- Loft conversions
- Wall and chimney removals
- Larger developments 10 - 15 apartment / mixed-use schemes.
Typical work would include:
- Measured surveys
- Preparing structural calculations for building control sign off
- Liaising with builders on site
- Specifying structural elements and connection details
- Foundation details
- Loft conversion packages
- Roof details
- Floor details
The role would suit an enthusiastic graduate engineer with 2 - 5 years of experience. The chosen engineer would need to be confident and able to take responsibility for their work as they will be the only structural engineer in the company.
- Highly proficient in Autocad 2D
- Experience with Tedds software
- Minimum 2 years of experience in residential projects in the UK
- Experience visiting sites and liaising with builders, party wall surveyors, and approved inspectors
- Temporary works
- Revit knowledge
- Access to a car for site visits but could also be done via public transport as 90% of projects are within London.
- Experience with subsidence reports
- Having an opportunity to make this your own role being the sole structural engineer in the company.
- Flexible working/working from home
- Diverse projects
Apply for Residential Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly