Associate Director (Highways)
Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise, and they currently have an opening for an Associate Director (Highways) to lead their team on a full-time permanent basis in their Central London office.
As an Associate Director you will have experience of heading a team, being responsible for resourcing, mentoring and ongoing training. The successful candidate will be self-motivating and proactive, driving expansion of existing areas and maximising new sector opportunities and will have significant experience in highways design.
This will initially be on a working from home basis but will eventually move to flexible working with between 1-3 days in the office with the remainder from home.
- Promoting and ensuring adherence to health and safety policy and procedures,
- Managing discrete design packages and multi-disciplinary design teams,
- Guiding teams and clients through the approval processes,
- Showing technical leadership and providing technical expertise,
- Managing task programme and budgets,
- Assisting Project Managers on major schemes and Account Leaders with business development,
- Motivating, mentoring and guiding and acting as a role model to junior staff in their technical and career development.
- A degree in civil or highways engineering,
- Full awareness of Health and Safety Legislation and how it is applied to the design process,
- Chartership or Incorporated Engineer with ICE or CIHT or suitable relevant experience,
- Knowledge of highway design standards (DMRB) and specification (MCHW),
- A track record in highway design and management of multi-discipline teams and experienced in coaching junior staff,
- Highways construction experience,
- Proven experience in leading design teams and able to interpret client requirements to produce sound engineering proposals,
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent team work abilities,
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Associate Highways Engineer who wishes to take that important next career step into a senior managerial position where you will be heading up your own team.
The successful Associate Director will receive a competitive salary & generous benefits package along with a talented team of engineers & technicians to lead.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Graham Ventham for more details.