Rhodes and Partners is evolving and we’re looking for a Senior Engineer to enhance our existing team. Our business is widely varied, from domestic and commercial extensions and alterations, inspections and reporting, research projects on innovative new construction products and systems, through to new build industrial, residential, and commercial designs. We are looking for an experienced Senior structural or civil engineer who relishes the challenge of working within all areas of the business and is willing, and able, to get involved in all areas of structural engineering. Competence in managing numerous simultaneous designs and reports is essential.
You will be responsible for the management of projects from conception to completion, preparing fee quotes, supervision of junior team members, attending client meetings, as well as undertaking your own designs, inspections and reports.
Our office is located on the edge of open countryside with train and bus connections from Stockport and Manchester and ample on-site parking. We offer flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to manage your own workload in an open and supportive environment.
- Chartered with ICE or IStructE and with at least 8 years post graduate experience
- A proven track record in structural design and analysis in a wide range of materials on a variety of projects, from feasibility to construction. Experience of civil engineering would be an advantage
- Able to undertake site inspections, structural surveys and write clear and concise reports
- Proficient in the use of software such as Masterseries, Tedds etc.
- Able to deliver technical work without supervision
- Confident in leading a team, checking and approval of work of junior engineers, providing support to junior team members
- Experienced in liaising directly with clients, contractors and other design team members
- Able to prepare fee proposals and monitor and manage expenditure throughout a project
- Self-motivated and keen to be involved in business development
- Full UK driver’s licence and own transport
Applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter and CV.