PDET Leader - Technical Leader / Principal Engineer
Technical Leader / Principal Engineer
Explore Industrial Park (EIP), Steetley, Worksop
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
Our manufacturing and modular solutions are transforming traditional construction methodologies into a modern process of component-based assembly, providing product sets including precast concrete building components, and modular bridges for the major highways and rail projects.
EIP is the most automated concrete products facility in Europe making our construction process faster safer and more efficient, improving quality and reducing waste, and contributing to a sustainable manufacturing-led future for construction.
Take a look inside our facility: https://youtu.be/CvBUAL8uRDI
- Overall responsibility for the Design & Engineering Principles Team providing end to end leadership of best practice in pre-cast design and engineering throughout the design process. The team is an integral part of the EIP Design Centre ensuring that fully coordinated ‘design for manufacture' information is created to the correct quality and programme, to allow manufacturing production drawings to be produced on time, on budget and to agreed quality standard.
- Working closely with a broad range of stakeholders including the Project Design Teams, RC Detailing Team, Operational, Engineering and Digital Engineering/Technical support teams to ensure best practice is observed across the process.
- Reporting to the Head of DEPT, the Technical Leader role is critical to ensuring successful outcomes for Projects delivered through Laing O'Rourke's DfMA strategy. They will form an integral part of the Project Technical team, ensuring high quality technical advice is provided on the deployment of DfMA solutions featuring precast concrete product
- Excellent track record of performing a management role and requisite skills to be an expert authority on Design for Manufacture and Assembly principles, specifically the design, modelling, detailing, manufacturing and assembly of concrete products.
- Preferably professionally qualified (e.g. Chartered Engineer or equivalent in other disciplines) with demonstrable leadership skills converting technical expertise into action, with the ability to lead teams to a successful outcome.
Why Laing O'Rourke?
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
For further details of our Offsite Journey watch here: https://youtu.be/EhcpD13hbuo
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.