Senior Hydrologist / Hydraulic Modeller
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus benefits
We are working with a leading consulting engineer who pride themselves on providing expert advice in a range of sectors including transportation, water, environmental, infrastructure, civil and structural design.
They work closely with clients from inception to completion on a range of projects ranging in size from small to large multi-million pounds. They currently have an opportunity for a Senior Hydrologist / Hydrologist to join the water and asset management team in their Berkshire office on a full time permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in hydrology and fluvial modelling and experience of undertaking environmental impact assessments, water quality assessments, drainage and SUDs design, river engineering and water resource assessments will be of benefit.
- Managing the delivery of projects
- Maintain client contact for project delivery and ensure that project delivery meets the client's objectives and requirements.
- Ensure that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and completed in accordance within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Undertake project delivery tasks, which may include calculations, drawings, sketches and reports etc
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues including mentoring and development of others.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required.
- Participate in the preparation/presentation of proposals/bids,
- Cultivate new clients and develop services with existing clients, in particular services relating to own areas of technical expertise.
- An MSc or MEng degree in environmental science, engineering with significant hydrology or hydraulics content,
- Chartered (or near Chartered) engineer,
- Experience in hydrology and fluvial modelling is essential,
- Experience of managing projects and acting as technical discipline lead on multi-disciplinary projects.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other colleagues and clients.
- Must be able to produce well-structured reports in clear English, and to critically review reports produced by others,
- Experience of GIS (e.g. ArcGIS/QGIS),
- Extensive knowledge of hydraulic \ hydrology modelling software (e.g. FEH, WINFAP, Flood Modeller \ TUFLOW, HEC-RAS, Infoworks ICM and Micro Drainage) is essential,
- A working understanding of AutoCAD would be of benefit.
- The ability to work from home and manage and engage with other team members remotely is required.
The successful a Senior Hydrologist / Hydrologist will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package and a friendly working environment.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please send an updated CV to Jamie Creed.
Apply for Senior Hydrologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly