Senior Engineer | Permanent | £45000 to £60000
What hooks you is the vision; you got into engineering to shape the future. For an ambitious Civil Engineer or Design Engineer like you, the big picture is your next chapter that’s ours to write.
Life at Mabey Hire is a journey, just like an engineering project. UK-wide construction and engineering infrastructure specialists, we specialise in large and complex projects shaping the future of the industry.
Our next Senior Engineer is a growing engineering mindset, not just a manager. Degree-educated and with industry experience in civil engineering, groundworks,or steelworks design, you’re already making waves as a definitive engineering judgment.
Why? Because you’re a Senior Engineer or Principal Engineer who doesn’t just follow a chart. Your analytical mind reads between the spreadsheet lines. You can calculate. You can visualise. If you didn’t have the software, you’d still know where to start.
- Interested in joining a construction and engineering temporary works specialist?
- Looking for a variety of work, being in the thick of large and complex projects?
- Is Chartership on your radar? Are you looking to learn, excel, and grow?
- Would you thrive within a growing, a UK-wide business involved in a huge, expanding market?
Don’t be justwords on a CV, X years’ experience, or a set function within one department or region. Mabey Hire offers a steep learning curve packed with interesting challenges.In years to come, you’ll say ‘I was there, when they did that’.
Our engineers don’t just engineer – from grunt work to teamwork, and from technical judgments to developing your strengths, you’ll have the chance to mould and put your spin on things.
Mabey Hire is a historical, reputable and go-to brandrenowned for quality and reliability. With us, you’ll provide effective and safe engineering designs for excavations, formwork, falsework and refurbishment projects.
A signature of value, you’re an authority in signing off projects and checking people’s work. When you’re immersed in safety-critical work, health and safety isn’t a question; it’s nous. You don’t wait and see. You’re no amber gambler.
When you’ve managed temporary works, you haven’t just been talking to designers on-site; you’re familiar with permissible stress design of falsework and BS 5975.
When you go on-site, you listen, you understand, and you learn. Problems don’t phase you. You’re a personable problem-solver who thrives on rolling up sleeves and buoying a team but knows when it’s right to pull the plug.
- Monthly, regional performance bonus
- Opportunities for career progression, UK-wide, across the Mabey Hire group
- 25 days’ annual leave (-3 for Christmas shutdown) plus bank holidays
- A market-leading defined contribution pension and life assurance cover
- Private medical insurance and health screening
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site parking
- Remote working opportunities
The Next Step…
Your future is in safe hands at this business, a RoSPA Gold Award winner for seven consecutive years. A successful internal restructure is yielding talented and ambitious professionals. Your next employer is established, thriving, and growing. Click apply!