Senior Structural Engineer
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
An excellent opportunity has arisen in Leeds for a Senior Structural Engineer to join a well-established multi-disciplinary consultancy, on a permanent basis.
Our client are seeking a bright, enthusiastic and driven engineer who is keen to develop their career in structural engineering. The role will involve working with established teams to manage/assist an existing client base with a view to expanding a team-leading role managing a wide portfolio of work in due course.
- An innate understanding of structural engineering
- All round experience in building structures including load bearing masonry and framed structures
- Proven UK design experience utilising Eurocodes/British Standards
- Associate/Chartered Membership of IStructE or ICE preferred
- Competence with computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in most common materials i.e. steel, concrete, composite, masonry and timber
- Good verbal and written communication skills with experience of report - writing essential
- Good grasp of detailing
- Experience of coaching and briefing CAD technicians and less experienced engineers
- Experience of site inspections/surveys essential
- Experience of meetings/communications with clients and other professionals essential and a confident manner in dealing with them
- Self-motivation and be capable of supporting/working within an existing team
- Commitment to health and safety, CDM and CPD requirements
Salary will be a competitive package, commensurate with experience.
Company pension, private healthcare, professional fees and generous business mileage rate.
If you’d be interested in discussing this role in more detail, please get in touch with Jonny Court at Skyline Group on either 01489 611 705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org