Senior Structural Engineer
Laing O’Rourke’s 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
We are seeking Senior Structural Engineers to join both our Explore Manufacturing team and our Advanced Manufacturing Facility (AMF) team based in Worksop, S80 3DT.
Explore Industrial Park is the most advanced pre-cast concrete production operation in Europe where we manufacture a range of reinforced, pre-stressed and post-tensioned components for use on our building and civil engineering projects across the UK. The Senior Structural Engineer in this team will be responsible for concrete design to current codes; Finite Element Analysis and product development input to the manufacturing process.
The AMF project is a rare opportunity to be part of a highly dynamic multidisciplinary team at the start of an exciting journey setting out to redefine the way we build and contribute to a game changing approach to construction. The role of Senior Structural Engineer in the team retains a technical focus whilst providing the opportunity to contribute to the creation of an innovative building system, right though manufacture and on to installation on site.
- Ideally you will be degree educated to Masters level, and a chartered member of IStructE / ICE - or actively working towards this.
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in the design of reinforced concrete and steel structures.
- Consultancy / design office experience.
- Capable of leading junior engineers and designers.
- You will have a ‘one team’ mentality, and a focus on achieving continuous improvement in all activities.
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
Why Laing O’Rourke?
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry.
- Innovative culture nurturing a passion for and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology to pave the way for a more productive industry.
- Culture of championing our people to become the best in their field through commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- Track record of consistently delivering resilient business performance to grow company value and invest in our future.
- Commitment to sustainable future by embedding proactive responsible decision-making to leave the industry a better place.
- World class remuneration and benefits package including 33 days annual leave, car / car allowance, BUPA, generous employer pension contribution generous employer pension contribution, life assurance, access to online video / phone doctor appointment 24/7, onsite doctor at Explore Industrial Park and a whole host of employee discounts.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Apply for Senior Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Commercial Senior Structural Engineer jobs in Worksop
- Facade engineering Senior Structural Engineer jobs in Worksop
- Frames / Joints & connections Senior Structural Engineer jobs in Worksop
- Historic buildings Senior Structural Engineer jobs in Worksop
- New-build Senior Structural Engineer jobs in Worksop