Structural Engineering Team Leader
Barker Associates is an established multi-disciplinary property consultancy with offices in London, Cambridge, Braintree and Birmingham.
We have an immediate need for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to manage our Structural Engineering team.
Based at our modern open plan offices in Braintree, you will play an extremely important role in developing and strengthening our Structural Engineering team whilst working on an exciting and diverse range of projects alongside our Architects and Building Surveyors in a collaborative studio environment.
- Leading and growing the Structural Engineering discipline
- Work with existing clients and develop further business opportunities
- Managing the structural team to ensure delivery of engineering tasks within agreed financial and programme targets
- Responsible for the preparation of fee proposals for Structural Engineering work
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals
- Lead the technical development of the group including working towards BIM Level 2 accreditation
- Chartered Engineer (MIStructE / MICE)
- A minimum of 10 years' post qualification experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience leading project teams
- Proficient with BIM, Revit, TEDDS and Tekla
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Experience with managing and developing a structural engineering team
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success that Barker Associates have experienced over the last five years and a generous remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applicants are required to submit a full curriculum vitae to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (File size must be a maximum of 10Mb).
All roles will be subject to a DBS Enhanced check.