Senior Structural Engineer
An experienced and ambitious structural engineer is sought to join the buildings division of this leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. This role will be to bolster the buildings team in and help with their current and projected workload in their Orpington office.
This firm provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
Candidates should live within reasonable commuting distance of Orpington.
- Report to and take direction from Partner/Associate in Civil and Structural Engineering Group
- Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverables are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the budget set by the Partner
- Act as lead or sole designer as appropriate to size of particular project
- Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc. as required in connection with the running of projects
- Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects, including preparation of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverables
- Supervise and mentor more junior engineers and technician staff in the team
- Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports in good English on findings with appropriate recommendations
- When required by the Partner, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks, particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
- Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Group
- Assist in preparing design programmes for production deliverables
- Attend Client and Design team meetings as necessary
o First or 2.1 Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
o Be a Member of Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers
o Minimum of 5 years design experience on building structures projects in UK
o Experience of leading a team including junior engineers and technicians
o Competent and reliable designer in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber
o Experience of refurbishment and change of use designs as well as new build work
o Familiar and empathetic with all forms of building construction
o Able to produce written reports in good English
o Proficient in the use of analysis and design software (TEDDS, TSD, etc.)
o Hold current UK driving licence
Ø Self-starter and motivated
Ø Able to work with minimal supervision but provider of continual feedback to line manager
Ø A team worker
Ø Good communicator
Ø Good people management skills
Ø Personable and confident
Ø Able to work on own initiative but accept guidance or constructive criticism
Sam Davis 0203 680 0640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
More searches like this
- Commercial Structural Design Engineer jobs in Orpington
- Domestic Structural Design Engineer jobs in Orpington
- Frames / Joints & connections Structural Design Engineer jobs in Orpington
- Historic buildings Structural Design Engineer jobs in Orpington
- Industrial Structural Design Engineer jobs in Orpington