Principal Civil Engineer
Our client. A leading design & engineering consultancy are looking for a principal civil engineer to lead projects in a multi-disciplined team based in the Manchester area
- Leading technical delivery of engineering projects and engineering input into complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Using your excellent analytical skills to derive potential solutions to engineering problems and engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options.
- Overseeing completion of designs, production and review of design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
- Staying abreast of industry developments and changes in standards.
- Line management of staff.
- Mentoring and supporting the development of the team.
- Developing junior staff by technical training and mentoring.
- Programme and financial management of projects.
- Expanding the business and assisting with the delivery of business targets.
- Preparing fee offers for agreement with the client.
- Resource management.
- Working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- BEng MEng or MSc degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered status and corporate membership of a relevant professional institution such as the ICE, CIHT or IHE. .
- Ability to lead and contribute to bids and tenders. * Good working knowledge of the CDM 2015 regulations.
- Good project management skills, commercial awareness, financial control and ability to deliver across a range of contract types. This will include an ability to manage stakeholders such as specialist suppliers, independent checkers and Local Authorities.
- Sound knowledge of Project Governance and Development Processes for Highways England and/or Local Authorities.
- Ability to research information and data independently and ability to resolve contractual issues. Strong communication skills
If you are interested in the above position and feel you'd be able to add value to the engineering team please apply below or alternatively , please contact Dylan on 01489 560 154
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.