Senior Structural Engineer (South West)
NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join the team. This is a home based role in the South West within the area bounded by Swansea, Exeter, Oxford, Birmingham. You will work on a full time, permanent basis and earn a highly competitive salary of £39,500 to £46,000 per annum.
Joining a multi-discipline team of engineers and surveyors, this hugely varied role will see you take responsibility for assessing building regulation and warranty applications on a wide variety of residential and mixed schemes. On top of that, you will assist developers, architects & builders, provide site support, undertake forensic investigations, liaise with customers and much more.
Working from home, you can also look forward to real flexibility, plus an excellent work/life balance. As our Senior Structural Engineer you will enjoy a high level of responsibility as well as autonomy but with the full support of a dedicated management network.
As a Chartered Engineer you will have full membership of an appropriate recognised professional institution, (MICE, MIStructE). You should possess substantial construction industry experience, knowledge of the housing and commercial sectors as well as an in-depth understanding of superstructure, foundation and geotechnical design. You will be able to work with the minimum of supervision with good communication, interpersonal skills and a proven commercial awareness. You will also be IT literate with experience of relevant software applications.
Salary / Benefits you’ll receive as our Senior Structural Engineer:
Travel to customer sites as required so a full driving licence is essential.
- £39,500 - £46,000 (dependant on experience, home location and including remote worker allowance)
- 6% bonus.
- Company car.
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Partially funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Senior Structural Engineer then click apply now. We’d love to hear from you.
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
More searches like this
- Domestic Structural Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham
- Facade engineering Structural Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham
- Foundations / Soil mechanics Structural Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham
- New-build Structural Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham
- Residential Structural Design Engineer jobs in Birmingham