Senior Structural Engineer - Essex
Our client is a successful multi disciplined engineering consultancy with a wide and varied workload. They have an excellent reputation in the region and are now looking to make several key appointments.
Senior Structural Engineer
The engineer will be required to undertake hands on design and be able to lead projects of all sizes running a team of Engineers / Technicians. The successful Structural Engineer for the role would be an excellent team player and have a proactive and positive attitude towards working under pressure and team mentoring.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team. It offers excellent career progression potential (Associate Designate) for the right candidate.
The role will include:
- Being the first point of contact for clients, contractors, etc
- Project managing schemes from inception to completion including formulation and conforming to design specifications, scope of works, employers requirements, etc
- Undertaking the design of structures in concrete, steel, masonry and timber
- Providing clients with innovative engineering solutions
- Managing and mentoring of other members of staff
- Working in residential and other sectors on both low and high rise, framed and unframed projects
- Client contact and liaison
- Marketing and business development of the company
- Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal person will be educated to degree standard and possess either MICE or MIStructE status. You will:
- Have extensive knowledge of British Codes and Regulations and Eurocodes
- Have extensive experience of structural engineering building design on multi-disciplinary projects
- Familiarity and confident in working with current project/contractual procurement methods
- Track record of successful delivery on both small and large projects in both design and management aspects
- Knowledge and experience of BIM (Revit) in addition to structural design software such as CSC Fastrack, Staad and Scia
- Able to manage teams internally, including financial management performance
- To work within budget and to programme, by effectively utilising resources coupled with cost control
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
A generous salary will be offered which will be negotiable depending on experience / ability, but is likely to be in the region of £45-55,000 p.a.
Contact (In confidence) : Ian White (Recruitment Director)
Willis White Associates (Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Consultants).