Senior Structural Engineer - London
SD Structures are a young, dynamic London based structural design practice focused on quality architectural and structurally challenging projects, big and small. The practice, formed in 2015, is led by Directors Mike Davies (ex. Price and Myers) and Andy Simpson (ex. Halcrow). Utilising their experience working on high profile projects, and passion for innovation and technology, the company is gaining a reputation in the industry for excellence. A continued increase in workload brings the opportunity for an exceptional Chartered (or near) Senior Structural Engineer with 5-10 years’ experience in the buildings sector to join the team.
We would like to hear from a self-motivated engineer, who embraces responsibility, possesses strong technical design skills, has an excellent understanding of construction. You should be highly personable, enjoy working in a team environment and be skilled in collaboration with clients and other disciplines.
You will work across the diverse projects from residential refurbishments to architecturally prominent and technically challenging new buildings. The right candidate will take pride in the projects they work on, both large and small, and help us maintain our reputation for outstanding quality of work and client service.
- Work on varied and exciting projects of all scales
- Leadership responsibility and commercial exposure both internally and with clients
- Fast track opportunity to Associate level and beyond
- Opportunity to help shape the growth of the practice as key member of the team
- Market leading salary and generous bonus scheme
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- be passionate about structural engineering and can work through complex details and calculations from first principles.
- have 5-10 years’ relevant experience working and taking the lead on complex building projects.
- a broad range of experience in steel, concrete, masonry and timber framed buildings in different sectors and scales of buildings.
- have a Masters Degree (high 2:1 or 1st) in civil or structural engineering from a top tier accredited university.
- be chartered with the IStructE/ ICE or looking to sit the exam/ review in 2019.
- managerial skills with a desire to develop leadership potential.
- contribute to the effective management of projects including fee proposals and budgets.
- have experience using structural design software packages. The use of TEDDS, Tekla Structural Designer & Revit / BIM would be advantageous but not essential.
- be familiar with MS Office and be proficient writing professional reports.
- be hardworking and flexible. On occasions there may be times where project deadlines mean you may need to work late to complete your work.
- be reliable and able to organise your own workload across numerous projects along with junior engineers and technicians, time to meet strict project deadlines.
- ability to develop client relationships and win new business.
- versatility in approach to projects with an interest in embracing the latest technology and construction methods.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Work on exciting projects. We work with both high profile and talented emerging architects on a diverse and interesting mix of projects and developments
- Opportunities for fast track promotion to Associate level for the right candidate
- Project leadership responsibility and exposure to running projects with support and guidance from the Directors.
- For candidates who are not yet Chartered the Directors offer support and mock exams for both IStructE and ICE routes.
- Central London office location. Our head office is conveniently located a 30 second walk from Blackfriars station and 3 minutes from St Paul’s.
- Office culture is important to us. We are a company that aims to be fresh and dynamic, not stuffy and dull. We think it is important to have fun and work in a relaxed environment. We have an annual summer away day – e.g. white-water rafting, Brighton I360, Go- Karting etc. and regular socials during the year.
- Excellent remuneration package, including:
-Market leading salary
-Generous profit share bonus scheme (up to 15% annually)
-4% pension contribution
-25 days annual leave
-Cycle to work scheme
-Tax free PC/laptops
More searches like this
- Architecture Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Commercial Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Domestic Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Historic buildings Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- New-build Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)