Senior Structural Engineer - London
SD Structures are a young, dynamic London based structural design practice focused on quality architectural and structurally challenging projects, big and small. The practice, formed in 2015, is led by Directors Mike Davies (ex. Price and Myers) and Andy Simpson (ex. Halcrow). Utilising their experience working on high profile projects, and passion for innovation and technology, the company is gaining a reputation in the industry for excellence. A continued increase in workload brings the opportunity for a Structural Engineer with 1-2 years’ experience in the buildings sector to join the team.
You will work across the diverse projects from residential refurbishments to architecturally prominent and technically challenging new buildings.
We would like to hear from a self-motivated engineer, who embraces responsibility, possesses strong technical design skills, and has a good understanding of construction. You should be highly personable, enjoy working in team environment and possess strong analytical and software skills.
- Join a young exciting company which embracing technology and technical excellence
- Excellent IStructE & ICE training scheme & mentoring
- 25 days annual leave
- Package – £25-30k
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- be passionate about structural engineering and have a real desire to take building projects through the design process and see them built onsite.
- have 1-2 years relevant experience working on relevant building projects and be comfortable designing with the Eurocodes in steel & concrete with a knowledge of masonry and timber beneficial.
- have an masters degree (2:1 or 1st) in civil or structural engineering from a top tier accredited university
- hold graduate membership with the IStructE and/or ICE and be working towards becoming chartered.
- have good interpersonal skills with the ability to talk to architects and clients.
- have experience using structural design software. The use of TEDDS, Tekla Structural Designer would be advantageous but not essential.
- have some experience using Revit software. Integration between 3D structural modelling and drawings packages is a key part of our work and some basic understanding of Revit would be advantageous.
- ability to sketch by hand. It is important to be able to produce hand sketches of structural details
- be familiar with MS Office and be comfortable writing professional reports
- be hardworking and flexible. On occasion there may be times where project deadlines mean you may need to work late to complete your work.
- have a desire to work in a small focused team where you can have a significant involvement in projects.
- be proactive and able to undertake tasks independently as well as part of a team.
- be reliable and able to organise your own workload to meet strict project deadlines.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Work on interesting projects including high-end London domestic projects through to helping with medium to large scale commercial projects. We work with both high profile and talented emerging architects on interesting developments in central London and the south east. See our projects page for more info.
- Mentoring and training for ICE and IStructE chartership. The Directors are chartered with both institutions so guidance and support is available whichever route you decide to take.
- Software training. We use Tekla structural designer, Revit and CAD and can provide on the job training to develop your skills.
- Office culture is important to us. We are a company that aims to be fresh and dynamic, not stuffy and dull. We think it is important to have fun and work in a relaxed environment.
- Central London office location. Our head office is conveniently located a 30 second walk from Blackfriars station and 3 minutes from St Paul’s.
- Regular socials. We organise regular socials from white water rafting, trips to the pub and go karting.
- Excellent remuneration package, including:
-Market leading salary
-Generous profit share bonus scheme (up to 15% annually)
-4% pension contribution
-25 days annual leave
-Cycle to work scheme
-Tax free laptops
More searches like this
- Architecture Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Commercial Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Domestic Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Historic buildings Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- New-build Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)