Temporary Works Design Manager
TEMPORARY WORKS DESIGN MANAGER - SOUTH WEST
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Temporary Works Design Manager to join our client in Bristol on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a privately-owned temporary works company that provide expert solutions within the Construction, Civil Engineering and Railway sectors. The business is now looking ahead to the future of the company and have an impressive growth plan, beginning with the recruitment of a Temporary Works Manager to lead and grow the Technical department. As the Manager, you will be responsible for managing the existing team, recruiting your own team as the business continues to grow as well as remaining in a hands on design role.
- Ensure temporary works management process is implemented, reviewed and updated.
Technical delivery of projects
- Ensure a suitable temporary works design brief and programme of requirements is received.
- Ensure design risks are considered and prepare Designers Risk Assessments.
- Investigate alternative designs for temporary works, working with the site team.
- Responsible for temporary works design requirements for the project and delivering them to time and budget.
- Ensure that contract-specified design checks are carried out .
- Contribute to the development of design.
- Provide strong technical support in value engineering temporary works and in identifying innovative and robust solutions
- Provide excellent customer service, be the companies’ focal point for technical queries
- Pre-tender support to commercial team, provide technical input to enable accurate tendering of future project
- Write processes and checklists to assist in quality control and repeatability of design delivery. .
To be considered you will be experienced in temporary works design, or structural engineering with strong awareness of temporary works. This is a hands on design role, so excellent AutoCAD skills with previous experience of design is essential.
Other essential criteria include:
- Relevant degree in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Attained or working towards attaining CEng status (MIMechE, MICE, MIStructE)
- Ability to carry out detailed analysis of structures.
- Construction related industry experience, either site or office based
- AutoCAD draughting skills to UK construction design standards
Salary & Benefits
Our client will offer a competitive basic salary plus benefits including a company car / car allowance, phone, laptop, iPad, performance related bonus and more.
If you could be interested in this opportunity or require any more information, please get in touch with Jonny Court at Skyline Group on either 01489 611 705 or email email@example.com