Align Property Partners is an expanding Northern based ISO9001 accredited team of design professionals including architects, engineers, surveyors and safety advisors. We have over a decade of experience in delivering a wide range of construction projects of differing complexities across a number of sectors.
We currently have an opportunity in our Northallerton based Civil & Structural Engineering section for a Drainage/Infrastructure Engineer to join our well established team. You will work on projects in a range of sectors including Education, Residential, Commercial and mixed-use developments. Your strong technical and project management skills will mean you are comfortable delivering schemes for both private and public sector clients.
As a Chartered Engineer or an Engineer working toward Chartered status you will have several years experience of drainage design, flood risk assessment and infrastructure design.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Engineer to join an enthusiastic and knowledgeable team working across North Yorkshire, Cumbria and other areas.
- Work as a member of the Civil & Structural team within the multi-discipline organisation including Architects, Building Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, M&E Engineers and CDM.
- Report to the Technical Director and work with the team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver efficient and cost effect projects to satisfy Client requirements.
- Client focus, lead and attend design review meetings or progress meetings
- Liaise with all relevant statutory authorities.
- Drainage design (foul & surface water)
- Highways and Pavement design to UK DMRB standards
- Provide technical support to the multi-discipline team
- The production of infrastructure design packages
- Complete health and safety risk assessments in coordination with the CDM regulations and project requirements.
- Dealing with client & team technical and design matters
- Input to and management of Civils/Infrastructure CAD and BIM quality assurance standards whilst ensuring best practices are adopted.
- Prepare technical specifications and assist QS team with the development of Bills of Quantities
- Visit sites to attend meetings, carry out inspections and surveys.
- Be responsible for controlling an monitoring budgets and programmes for the civils/infrastructure elements of work
- Contribute as appropriate to planning of project work and resourcing planning of the Infrastructure team
- BSc or equivalent in Structural or Civil Engineering, Building or Construction.
- Experience in the conceptual and detailed design of infrastructure projects, including earthworks, roads and drainage
- You will be conversant with Section 38, 104, and 278 works
- Experience of Microdrainage design software, AutoCAD and 3D modelling, ideally Civils 3D.
- Ability to carry out plot engineering on housing projects
- Experience in developing SUDS and drainage strategies
- Proven track record of dealing with Clients and forging effective relationships in a professional and customer focused manner
- Mentoring and guiding junior members of staff
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations and health and safety requirements/responsibilities.
- Must be self-motivated and pro-active and demonstrate ability to see projects through from feasibility to completion, being able to manage and prioritise own workload to suit project demands.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of BIM software.
- Ability to use NBS software.