Align Property Partners is an expanding Northern based, ISO9001 accredited team of design professionals including architects, engineers, surveyors and safety advisors. We have over a decade of experience in delivering a wide range of construction projects of differing complexities across a number of sectors.
Due to the developing workload in our Northallerton based Civil & Structural Engineering section, we have an opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join the well established team. You will work on projects in a range of sectors including Education, Residential, Commercial and mixed-use developments. Your strong technical skills and experience will mean you are comfortable delivering schemes for both private and public sector clients.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic engineer who thrives on the challenges of many and varied projects across North Yorkshire, Cumbria and other areas.
- Design & specification using a range of software including Tekla & NBS.
- Work collaboratively with other in-house/external disciplines including Architects, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Building Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors and CDM Advisors
- Design and detail structural engineering schemes and manage project development from feasibility to completion, including responsibility for individual projects.
- Manage and/or produce 2D and 3D drawing packages using AutoCAD and Revit software.
- Produce specifications using NBS software and other documentation.
- Review manufacturer and fabricator’s drawings for accuracy and coordination with structural requirements.
- Visit sites to attend meetings, carry out inspections and surveys.
- Produce technical reports
- Complete Health and Safety risk assessments in keeping with the CDM regulations and project requirements.
- Attend multi-discipline meetings as and when required.
- Be committed to maintaining an annual programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Work to defined business, design & QA procedures
- BSc or equivalent in Structural or Civil Engineering, Building or Construction.
- Commitment to further learning and Continuing Professional Development (CPD
- Must have strong development skills and the ability to develop and manage work of others as and when required.
- Must be self-motivated and pro-active and demonstrate ability to see projects through from feasibility to completion, being able to manage and prioritise workload to suit project demands.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
- Sound knowledge of all structural materials including, steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber for drawing, detailing and design purposes to current British and European Standards
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients, architects and other design team members to produce coordinated deliverables and accurate structural schemes.
- Ability to undertake structural inspections and report on material and construction defects and provide guidance for remedial repairs
- Ability to be resourceful and to take initiative, ownership and responsibility whilst working both independently and as part of a high-performing team.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Able to communicate clearly in written, sketch and drawn forms
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of BIM software such as Autodesk Revit
- Ability to use NBS software.
Apply for Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly