Structural Design Engineer
Constructure is pleased to present an opportunity for a Structural Design Engineer of 6 or more years of post-graduate experience.
As the successful applicant, you will be a key part of an engineering design team. You will be expected to have the ability to operate autonomously where required, have a high level of commercial awareness and experience in project resource management. Depending on aptitude and aspiration to manage people, you may be allocated a graduate to supervise and lead. You may already be chartered, but this is not a requisite. Your participation in our Chartership (MIStructE) training scheme, if required, will be fully supported. You will be encouraged to actively participate in Business Development and/ or company Systems Development where you show aptitude or a willingness to engage in business as well as engineering work. We are geared towards creating formal managerial and team leadership opportunities in line with our progressive expansion, and so you would ideally be looking towards your next step on the career ladder with the company.
- Structural analysis and design
- Managing and running structural design projects with autonomy
- Monitoring project progress, budgets and programme
- Instructing draughtsmen and working closely with other members of the internal design team
- Supervising assistant designers, monitoring progress and checking others’ output
- Preparation of appraisals and feasibility studies
- Site visits, carrying out desktop investigations, attending site meetings and checking progress and quality of work on site
- Liaising with authorities to progress projects
- Representing the company at design team and contractor/client meetings and business development/networking events as may be required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in structural or civil engineering, and chartered or near-chartered
- Practical experience of structural engineering building design to British or European codes
- Very good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Very good technical writing and presentation skills
- Developing ability to supervise assisting engineers, and providing mentoring where may be required
Constructure is a progressive and energetic structural engineering
consultancy based in London (located in vibrant London Bridge/Borough SE1).
We have a reputation for the efficient delivery of mainly central London based structural engineering projects ranging from super-prime residential and historic buildings, to hotels and commercial work. Our current team of 15 people is well structured and continues to expand.