Technical Manager – Pentre Engineering Division (part of Pentre Group Limited)
Competitive Salary and employee benefits including the possibility of share options
North West England, St Helens / Burtonwood area 5-10 minutes off Junction 8 on the M62
Successful Engineering & Steel Fabrication business, designing & manufacturing welded niche products, critical to the Offshore Oil & Gas industries. ISO 9001 accredited for Design and Manufacture. We have several prestigious global clients, an excellent reputation for Quality and Service, with manufacture to exacting international standards.
We are part of a Group of successful companies, with a combined turnover in the region of £18-20M with sales to 44 countries.
Background to the Role
As part of our succession planning, we are looking to recruit a replacement to the existing Technical Manager who will be retiring in 2019. A transition period of at least six months will allow a transfer of knowledge in the niche products supplied.
- Reporting directly to and supporting the MD of the division.
- Preparation of detailed structural calculations for internal or external use.
We have existing design models/templates that are Mathcad Based, but there will always be the requirement for the generation of new structural calculations.
- Managing a small team of 2 technical staff.
- Preparation of designs taking into consideration customer specifications and our fabrication processes.
- Providing support to the MD, including the generation of tenders and liaison with clients.
- Close liaison and coordination with customers to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Review of customer specifications, with support from the Quality & Production Managers.
- Liaising with our Czech factory on designs when necessary.
- Good Technical Engineering education and background.
- Current experience in the generation of detailed structural steel calculations.
- Experience in Oil & Gas or similar industry e.g. Lifting or Structural Civils.
- Customer focus with attention to detail and drive to complete the job
- Good work ethic, positive attitude, good communication skills and work well with others as part of a close knit team.
- General IT Skills - Word and Excel.
- Confidence dealing with customers.
Hours of Work:
- Mon-Thurs 08.00-16.30, Fridays 08.00-14.30
To apply please send your CV, including salary expectations which is dependent on experience to the Managing Director Pentre Engineering Division, Neills Road, Bold Industrial Park, Bold, St Helens, Merseyside, WA9 4TJ