Senior Structural Engineer
Dennany Reidy Associates are seeking a Project / Senior Civil & Structural Engineer to work on a variety of project types from our Dublin office. Our Dublin office was recently opened (1 year ago) and this is an opportunity for an ambitious Engineer to grow with the office and company by joining at an early stage. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate depending on the individual’s qualifications & experience.
The successful candidate will be required to manage a variety of civil & structural engineering projects and provide clients with a professional, proactive and efficient service. The role will involve the following:
- Managing and executing civil & structural engineering projects with responsibility for quality, budget and project delivery.
- Mentoring of graduate engineers and CAD technicians.
- Preparing and co-ordinating the preparation of civil & structural engineering design works and all associated project documents including drawings & specifications.
- Preparation of design risk assessments and adoption of the principles of prevention in design in accordance with current Health & Safety Legislation.
- Construction stage inspections and preparation of associated reports.
- Property inspections and preparation of detailed engineering reports.
- Effective communication with clients, design team members and office staff.
- Reviewing of completed works to ensure quality.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Keep up to date with industry development, innovations and the technology utilised by consulting engineering professionals.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements in terms of skills and attributes:
- An honours degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Ideally between 4-10 years post graduate experience in a consulting civil & structural engineering environment.
- Be a member of Engineers Ireland (IEI) or the Institute of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
- Have attained Chartered Engineer status or approaching Chartered Engineer status.
- Proven track record in the design and co-ordination of civil & structural projects.
- Ability to manage project and project staff to ensure the timely delivery of project deliverables within specified timeframes and within budget.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- High levels of technical competence and knowledge of relevant design codes and Building Regulations.
- Professional approach to work with high integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving skills and development of design solutions
- Must be self-motivated, career focused and with ambitions to reach company management levels.
- Proficiency in civil & structural design software including Autocad, CADS suite of structural engineering software and SCIA Engineer or equivalent.
- High proficiency in Microsoft office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Cooperative and flexible approach to work.
- Ability to motivate and mentor other staff members.
- Must have own car which can be used for work purposes and have a full drivers licence.
More searches like this
- Commercial Senior Structural Engineer jobs in Ireland
- Domestic Senior Structural Engineer jobs in Ireland
- Foundations / Soil mechanics Senior Structural Engineer jobs in Ireland
- Frames / Joints & connections Senior Structural Engineer jobs in Ireland
- Historic buildings Senior Structural Engineer jobs in Ireland