NHBC Engineering Policy Manager
NHBC has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Policy Manager to join our team working from our head office in Milton Keynes. You will work on a full time, permanent basis and earn a highly competitive salary of £52,000 to £61,000 per annum.
Your role will be to develop and maintain a robust national engineering policy, whilst promoting and advising colleagues across NHBC on engineering policy issues. You will manage engineering risk associated with new and emerging construction products and construction methods, alongside liaising with and influencing relevant industry groups and bodies to seek to ensure that NHBC’s interests are maintained across a range of engineering and technical issues. These are likely to include government, builders, standards setting organisations, research and trade bodies.
Additionally, you will promote and advise on established engineering principles to ensure that they are upheld across NHBC and support colleagues with the delivery of engineering policy issues.
You will also manage the engineering policy team within the Standards, Innovation and Research department (currently one Principal Engineer).
About our ideal Engineering Policy Manager
To be considered for this exciting Engineering Policy Manager opportunity, you will offer the following experience:
- Corporate member of a relevant professional institution, e.g. MICE / MIStructE.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering relative to home building technology
- Knowledge of structural, geotechnical and environmental engineering
- Credible ambassador with strong advocacy and communication skills, and an enquiring mind
- Competent user of MS Office suite of software.
- Full driving licence
Benefits as our Engineering Policy Manager:
- £52,000 to £61,000 (depending on experience)
- 10% bonus
- Company car
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary
- Funded private medical insurance
- Cycle purchase scheme
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates
- Employee assistance programme
Why work with NHBC as our Engineering Policy Manager?
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built and the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Engineering Policy Manager then click apply now. We’d love to hear from you.
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
More searches like this
- Architecture Structural Design Engineer jobs in Milton Keynes
- Facade engineering Structural Design Engineer jobs in Milton Keynes
- Foundations / Soil mechanics Structural Design Engineer jobs in Milton Keynes
- New-build Structural Design Engineer jobs in Milton Keynes
- Residential Structural Design Engineer jobs in Milton Keynes