PHD Associates is a multi-discipline practice providing Architecture, Surveying, Town Planning, Construction and Property Development services to a broad range of clients over a wide range of sectors. The practice was established in 1983 and is thriving. You will be part of the development of the skills we offer and must able to take the firm into the future, working alongside Architects, Structural Engineers, surveyors and technicians, building and shaping the future of the practice.
- Lead projects from the initial design stages, leading to the preparation of construction documents and overseeing the construction administration.
- Develop Briefs with clients including the development of conceptual and schematic design options. Develop schemes, advise on Planning and other pertinent matters, advise on cost of works, development opportunities, and take forward to Planning submission, Liaise with fellow consultants, develop construction proposals and take through to completion.
- Contribute to the effective management of project budgets, schedules, and resources.
- Coordinate and participate in the delivery of a consistently high level of work.
- Mentor and train colleagues as necessary in technical aspects of architecture and planning and practical aspects of project delivery.
- Actively coordinate with colleagues in work-sharing, sharing of expertise, development of technical standards, CPD etc.
- Maintain disciplined financial processes, operational systems, and cost control programmes.
- Be vigilant and diligent in all that you do to ensure the services offered meet the standard and reputation of PHD Associates and exceed client expectations.
- Identify and participate in the development of advanced technologies.
- Actively maintain existing, and develop new, client relationships whenever opportunity arises.
- Assist in creating project proposals, fee letters and the like.
- Other roles as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Registered Architect with a minimum of 6 years’ industry experience, professional membership and record of CPD.
- Must have a good working knowledge of typical architectural software including AutoCAD. Knowledge of BIM processes and best practices would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people at all levels including project stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and deliverables on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to think methodically to design, plan and manage projects.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Desire to liaise closely with colleagues and other consultants to ensure consistent, consolidated and leading edge service across the firm.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and assist with business development initiatives.