PHD Associates is a multi-discipline practice providing Architecture, Surveying, Town Planning, Construction and Property Development services to a broad range of clients over a wide range of sectors. The practice was established in 1983 and is thriving. You will be part of the development of the skills we offer and must able to take the firm into the future, working alongside architects, surveyors and technicians, building and shaping the Structural side of the practice.
The practice is located in Stansted, close to the M11, the A120, and of course the airport. Our office is a 2 minute wall from the Stansted Mountfitchet railway station with a fairly good service into London. Approximately 1 hour into Central London by train. It is only 5 minutes to the M11 and the A120, giving great road access North, South, East & West.
You will be part of a currently small team working hard to deliver a wide range of projects to clients in London and the surrounding area. We are currently working on a 9 storey over ground and basement project in Commercial Road, E1, which comprises 21 flats over commercial and another similar development in Camden comprising 9 flats over ground and basement commercial. We are working up a scheme of 51 flats and commercial in Merton that will commence construction in the next 4-6months. In addition we are working on listed buildings and residential projects of alteration and new build. You will be responsible for the structural side of all our projects, including temporary works, detailing concrete basements, transfer slabs, steel framed superstructures, timber framed works, and any works required to construct the various projects we are working on. The work will be interesting and varied in scope. Where we are working with other consultants you will be the lead in our team when liaising with them and directing their work. Alongside the existing workload we will be looking to you to develop your own client base and broaden the scope of the services the practice offers. You will therefore be qualified, experienced, self-motivated, and enthusiastic in all forms of construction, technology and well versed in all standard software and able or willing to incorporate BIM into your work.
- Lead projects from the initial design stages, leading to the preparation of construction documents and overseeing the construction administration.
- Design structural systems including the development of conceptual and schematic design options.
- Contribute to the effective management of project budgets, schedules, and resources.
- Coordinate and participate in the delivery of a consistently high level of work.
- Mentor and train colleagues as necessary in technical aspects of structural design and practical aspects of project delivery.
- Actively coordinate with colleagues in work-sharing, sharing of expertise, development of technical standards, CPD etc.
- Maintain disciplined financial processes, operational systems, and cost control programmes.
- Be vigilant and diligent in all that you do to ensure the services offered meet the standard and reputation of PHD Associates and exceed client expectations.
- Identify and participate in the development of advanced technologies.
- Actively maintain existing and develop new client relationships whenever opportunity arises.
- Assist in creating project proposals, fee letters and the like.
- Other roles as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- An applicable engineering degree specialising in structures with a minimum of 6 years’ industry experience, and chartered or nearly chartered with the IStructE or ICE.
- Must have a good working knowledge of typical engineering software including AutoCAD. Knowledge of BIM processes and best practices would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people at all levels including project stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and deliverables on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to think methodically to design, plan and manage projects.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Desire to liaise closely with colleagues and other consultants to ensure consistent, consolidated and leading edge service across the firm.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong
More searches like this
- Architecture Director / Partner / Principal jobs in Stansted
- Commercial Director / Partner / Principal jobs in Stansted
- Domestic Director / Partner / Principal jobs in Stansted
- Historic buildings Director / Partner / Principal jobs in Stansted
- New-build Director / Partner / Principal jobs in Stansted