Permanent Position in Tonbridge Area
An exciting opportunity to join a small dynamic Design and Build Contractor based in Tonbridge with a reputation for the delivery of complex and specialist projects. Our design portfolio is diverse including freestanding structures from 2m – 40m, commercial new builds, bespoke builds, as well as domestic extensions and renovations. As a result of growth, we are seeking to bring to the team a Structural Engineer to bring this discipline in house.
Wildstone Build Ltd. have a business stream specialising in the design and build or free-standing, iconic structures for the installation in the public realm.
Successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to join our dedicated team to work on challenging projects and progress in a growing specialist firm on a competitive salary with private medical insurance in line with your experience and the opportunity.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Undertake design calculations and carry out structural analysis, prepare drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
- Collaborating in the design process to lead our design studio and ensuring project delivery to a high standard within agreed budgets.
- A significant part of the role will be analysing the concepts from our design team and designing structural solutions to meet the design intent, along with reviewing existing built structures to determine structural deterioration and integrity
- Chartered or near Chartered Structural Engineer.
- Proficiency in design calculations (to Eurocodes/BS), creativity in problem solving and up to date with current standards and legislation.
- Experience using structural analysis software along with AutoCAD.
- Motivated, with a desire to progress and develop additional skills.
- Proven IT skills.
- Excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
- Full clean UK driving license.
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 /year