Graduate Structural Engineer
Are you a recent Structural Engineering graduate with the desire to work on the south coast?
My client is a growing Structural Engineering consultancy with a busy and vibrant head office located in Poole, Dorset. As part of their ambitious growth plans, they are currently seeking an enthusiastic and skilled Graduate Structural Engineer to join their design team on a permanent basis.
The workload is diverse and they operate across many different sectors including residential, commercial, geotechnical and healthcare projects.
Responsibilities of the Graduate Structural Engineer:
You will initially be supported by a Senior Structural Engineer, as you develop your knowledge of the industry. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills: -
* Production of design calculations and drawings
* Structural inspection and reports
* Liaise with architects and other third parties to meet the clients' objectives
* Site visits to inspect works
* Working towards chartership and completing CPD training
Requirements of the Graduate Structural Engineer:
* Minimum 2:1 BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
* Full clean UK driving license.
* Some experience in a similar role would be advantageous, but not essential.
* Good understanding of the relevant codes and standards.
* High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
* Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
* Experience with TEDDS, Master Series and AutoCAD would be advantageous, but not essential.
On offer for the Graduate Structural Engineer:
* Competitive salary
* Annual performance-related bonus
* Paid subscription to ICE or IStructE
* Excellent idyllic office location
Speak to Darryl Yates on 01728 726136 today for more information on this excellent and rewarding new opportunity to join a dynamic consultancy as their new Graduate Structural Engineer.