Our successful team is seeking a talented Structural Design Engineer with experience in all basic structural materials and residential, industrial and commercial buildings.
Main Responsibilities Include
- To act as Project Engineer on projects of various sizes.
- Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals.
- Task management and delivery to the highest standards, demonstrating all round technical competence, financial awareness and the ability to strike a balance between internal and external resources.
- Liaise with clients, identifying their needs and presenting our solutions.
- Prepare client and project proposals.
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Ideally chartered or approaching Chartership with demonstrable experience.
- Degree or equivalent in Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineering design in the timber, steel, reinforced concrete and masonry construction to Euro Code standard
- Be an excellent communicator capable of explaining complex engineering principles in plain language, both verbally and in writing;
- Have a commercial understanding of an engineering consultancy as a business;
- Have a track record of working on varied and complex buildings
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for projects.
- Ability to manage the design and construction stages of a project.
- Be competent at influencing people (staff, clients).
- Be proactive in addressing problem issues, presenting and pushing solutions.
- Fully computer literate and the use of CAD for preparing drawings and structural analysis preferably using CSCS Masterseries software or similar.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Company Pension (NEST)
- 25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
- Training/further education support
- Childcare vouchers
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities.
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
If you are interested in this role in Bristol please apply with your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary package or expectations.
The Hambleton Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
Apply for Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly