Our successful team is seeking a talented Structural Design Engineer with experience in all basic structural materials and residential, industrial and commercial buildings.
Main Responsibilities Include
- To act as Project Engineer on projects of various sizes.
- Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals.
- Task management and delivery to the highest standards, demonstrating all round technical competence, financial awareness and the ability to strike a balance between internal and external resources.
- Liaise with clients, identifying their needs and presenting our solutions.
- Prepare client and project proposals.
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Ideally chartered or approaching Chartership with demonstrable experience.
- Degree or equivalent in Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineering design in the timber, steel, reinforced concrete and masonry construction to Euro Code standard
- Be an excellent communicator capable of explaining complex engineering principles in plain language, both verbally and in writing;
- Have a commercial understanding of an engineering consultancy as a business;
- Have a track record of working on varied and complex buildings
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for projects.
- Ability to manage the design and construction stages of a project.
- Be competent at influencing people (staff, clients).
- Be proactive in addressing problem issues, presenting and pushing solutions.
- Fully computer literate and the use of CAD for preparing drawings and structural analysis preferably using CSCS Masterseries software or similar.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Company Pension (NEST)
- 25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
- Training/further education support
- Childcare vouchers
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities.
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
If you are interested in this role in Bristol please apply with your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary package or expectations.
The Hambleton Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.