Technical Design Assistant
We are working with a leading residential developer to find them a Technical Design Assistant to join their Ipswich office on a full-time permanent basis. The successful Assistant will be joining & strengthening their technical department, providing assistance to both the Engineering & Architecture teams on a range of developments - no previous experience is required!
- Must have A-C grade GCSEs in English, Mathematics & Science,
- Must be willing to undertake a construction related course (degree or HNC) such as Civil Engineering, Architecture, Architectural Technology or Construction and the Built Environment and attend day release in order to achieve this,
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal),
- Excellent analytical skills,
- Good computer skills, must be fully conversant with Microsoft Word & Excel, AutoCAD experience is advantageous but not essential.
When assisting the Architecture team, Technical Design Assistant duties will include preparing housing layouts & working drawings, integrating requirements of specialist suppliers' designs into working drawings, producing designs, liaising with Local Authority Building Control to resolve technical issues and securing Building Regulations approval.
When assisting the Engineering team, Technical Design Assistant duties will include resolving engineering issues for planning applications, interpreting geotechnical & environmental reports, assisting in the design of foundation, infrastructure, drainage & external levels and ensuring all technical agreements / approvals for S38, S278, S104 & S185 are secured.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious & versatile individual who is looking to get into the construction industry to join an established business and learn valuable skills across two disciplines whilst undertaking continuous professional development.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and my client, please apply by sending your up to date CV to Katie Jones at Conrad Consulting to be considered - suitable applicants will be contacted with further details and a full job description can be provided.
Please bear in mind that we don't advertise all our vacancies, so if you'd like to discuss all the options we currently have that suit your experience & aspirations, please do get in touch for a confidential chat. We will always disclose the name of our client, and will always make sure you're happy for your CV to be sent to them.