Director - Structural Engineering
Our client is an award-winning engineering consultancy with multiple offices in the UK & Ireland. We are working with them to find an experienced Structural Engineer who would be suitable to take on the position of Director of Structural Engineering in their Central London office on a full-time permanent basis.
Projects: Residential, Educational, Healthcare, Energy, Retail, Commercial and more.
- Hold a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- Must be a Chartered Structural Engineer (MIStructE / MICE),
- Must hold a valid driving licence as travel to site & other offices will be required,
- Strong commercial awareness,
- A strong background in building structures & an excellent knowledge of the construction industry,
- Business development skills,
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal),
- Knowledge of a range of industry design software,
- Experience of dealing with approvals with Statutory Authorities.
- Lead, manage & guide diverse teams; mentoring junior Engineers and ensuring all members feel valued & motivated,
- Taking the lead on a range of building structures projects; managing the project teams & ensuring projects are delivered on time & to budget,
- Maintain & build on existing client relationships as well as winning new work & forming new business relationships,
- Contributing to Board meetings & chairing design meetings,
- Ensure client expectations are managed & met,
- Providing top technical & design advice and acting as a consultant to clients on a range of projects.
The successful Director of Structural Engineering will receive a competitive salary & generous benefits package including an annual bonus and the potential to take equity in the business. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer with natural leadership skills & strong commercial awareness to join a reputable business who value their staff and will offer excellent career development prospects.
If this role is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please send your up to date CV to Graham Ventham at Conrad Consulting to be considered - suitable applicants will be contacted with more details; a detailed job description can be provided.
Please bear in mind that we don't advertise all our vacancies, so if you'd like to discuss all the options we currently have that suit your experience & aspirations, please do get in touch for a confidential chat. We will always disclose the name of our client, and will always make sure you're happy for your CV to be sent to them.
More searches like this
- Architecture Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Bridges / Tunnels Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Commercial Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Domestic Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Earthquake engineering Structural Design Engineer jobs in London (Central)