Entuitive is a fast growing engineering consulting firm with high-profile projects across the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States and the Middle East. You’ll be part of a dynamic and creative team that values collaboration, creativity and advanced technology to support shaping a brighter future for the built environment.
Based in London and reporting to the UK Director, this is a leading role for projects on the technical side and with a high level of client and architect exposure. The Senior Engineer will work across the diverse projects with which our UK team is currently engaged on, ranging from residential refurbishment to architecturally prominent new buildings and public artworks.
We would like to hear from a self-motivated engineer, who embraces responsibility, possesses strong technical design skills, has an excellent understanding of the creative process, and is keen to help the expansion of the UK presence and further existing and new client relationships.
The right candidate will take pride in the projects they work on, both large and small, and help us maintain our high quality of work and client service.
- Lead projects from the initial design stages, leading to the preparation of construction documents and overseeing the construction administration.
- Design structural systems including the development of conceptual and schematic design options.
- Contribute to the effective management of project budget, schedule, and resources.
- Coordinate and participate in the delivery of a consistently high level of work.
- Mentor and train junior staff in technical aspects of structural design and practical aspects of project delivery.
- Actively coordinate with others in Entuitive for work-sharing, sharing of expertise, development of technical standards, etc.
- Maintain disciplined financial processes, operational systems, and cost control programmes.
- Implement Entuitive’s quality assurance program to ensure services offered meets Entuitive’s standards and exceeds client expectations.
- Identify and participate in the development of advanced technologies.
- Actively leverage existing and develop new client relationships by participating in industry related committees, events, and programs in order to increase Entuitive’s profile.
- Assist in creating project proposals, fee letters and the like.
- Other roles as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- An applicable engineering degree specialising in structures with a minimum of 6 years’ industry experience, and chartered or nearly chartered with the IStructE or ICE.
- Must have a good working knowledge of typical engineering software including AutoCAD. Knowledge of BIM processes and best practices would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people at all levels including project stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and deliverables on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to think methodically to design, plan and manage projects.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Desire to liaise closely with the other service groups at Entuitive to ensure consistent, consolidated and leading edge service across the firm.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and assist with business development initiatives.
- Willingness to be Entuitive!
More searches like this
- Architecture Senior Structural Engineer jobs in London (South)
- Commercial Senior Structural Engineer jobs in London (South)
- Domestic Senior Structural Engineer jobs in London (South)
- Historic buildings Senior Structural Engineer jobs in London (South)
- New-build Senior Structural Engineer jobs in London (South)