Principal Civil Engineer
We are proud to be working with market-leading multi-discipline consultancy with an excellent reputation for delivering technical solutions across a range of sectors including Rail, Energy, Transportation and Defence projects.
Due to a sustained growth period, an opportunity has been created for a Principal Civil Engineer to join them in their dynamic Plant & Distribution team in Reading.
As a Principal Civil Engineer, who reports to the Plant & Distribution Design Manager, you will have the chance to lead a sub-team of Plant & Distribution Engineers providing design and consultancy for infrastructure projects across the South and Midlands. The role will involve creating new opportunities, managing resource, providing design assurance and support the Senior Management to grow and broaden this function.
The team is currently 13-strong as part of the 35 person Railway & Building System Division across the business with the aspiration is to build an 8 person Plant & Distribution sub-team located between the Reading & Birmingham offices.
There is an opportunity to develop within this role to either a full autonomy of the Plant & Distribution Team or an Associate Director position driving business growth and increased profitability.
Requirements of the Principal Civil Engineer:
* Desirable Qualifications BENG or MENG and Chartered Civil Engineer
* Proven experience of Electrical Distribution Design Experience in Railway Environment
* Installation Experience or Design in a Design & Build Environment
* Traction Power experience on either AC or DC desirable
* Strong Technical experience of Earthing & Bonding in Electrified Areas essential experience
* Signalling Power Supply experience essential
On offer for the Principal Civil Engineer:
* Competitive industry salary
* Wide range of benefits
* An opportunity to work on major and complex high profile projects
Speak to Darryl Yates today on 01728 726136 for more information on this fantastic new opportunity.