Senior Structural Engineer
We have an opportunity for an experienced, committed and motivated Senior Structural Engineer to join a busy engineering practice based in Sidcup, DA15 which is located just off the A2.
You’ll work as part of a small and friendly team where you will have a lot of control of your workload and potential. If you enjoy working on a mix of structural engineering projects in different sectors then this could the position for you. As the Senior Structural Engineer, you will be running your own team and projects, alongside fulfilling your clients engineering needs. You will have to allocate work to other members of staff and manage your projects and time. You will be reporting into the Managing Director and will be a key member of the team.
You must have good communication skills and have a ‘get stuck in attitude’ as you will be liaising with clients, other engineers and going on site/running design team meetings.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have residential and commercial experience
- Have knowledge on Eurobeam, Tekla Structural Designer & Tedds
- Be able to demonstrate hand prepared calculations is essential
- Be able to carry out site visits and report on the outcome and recommendations in line with current British Standards.
- Be able to carry out Steel, Timber and Concrete design.
- Be able to demonstrate CPD
- Have CAD software experience
- Have the confidence to co-ordinate a junior or graduate engineer in assisting with day to day calculations
- Well-mannered and professional in their communication and work
Job Type: Full-time Hours
Salary: Competitive upon experience and a generous bonus package
- Structural Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Chartered or near Chartered Experience
Licenses or certifications:
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) (Preferred)
- Driving License (Preferred)
- English (Required)